Let me tell you a little bit about what this quilt went through :) I finished the quilt top a while ago. Just when I was ready to quilt it, my walking foot fell apart. Having been so committed to finishing it, I tried my satin stitch foot. As you can imagine, it didn't work. It pulled the backing, created pockets...In a moment of frustration, I put the whole thing away and didn't touch it until last week.
See how horrible it looks?
Then I took it out of the wardrobe; undid all the stitches, re-sandwiched it and finished it quickly. I did straight line quilting and also framed the bow ties in the same way. I used the side of my walking foot as a guide; so I didn't have to mark how far the quilting lines would be from the seams. It is much easier like this.
Here are some photos.
I tried a different binding method this time. It was a little challenging but I am very happy with how it turned out. You can find the tutorial at Red Pepper Quilts.
And this is how it looks after it is washed. So comfy and cozy :-)
I love the light blue and purple strips on the binding. I think they add character to the whole quilt.
The quilting around the bow ties make them stand out.
Linking up with Pretty Bobbins!
Thanks for stopping by!