It is my first Australia Day after becoming a citizen. No difference to how I feel about this awesome country; I have always loved it very much.
It is public holiday today and hubby is home. The weather is cloudy and cool so I will be hitting outdoors soon to help hubby in the yard. First, my finished project from last week's Monday Makers!; a car organiser.
I take the risk and publish a before photo (after cleaning the floor a little bit!).
I was planning to make straps to tie/hang the organiser around the head rest. To be honest, I really didn't want to spend time on making those and decided to make button holes to where the headrest is placed. So, it is now sandwiched in between the top of the seat and the headrest. This also makes the organiser hang neatly.
So, for this project, I measured from top to bottom; from where I wanted the organiser to hang and to finish, and side to side. Folded the base fabric in half for extra thickness and cut it, sewed three sides, turned inside out, stitched closed the open end. Then I measured the hight of one of Kuzey's books and cut my apple fabric with an extra half inch for turning under for neat sides. Sewed it to the base fabric on three sides, leaving the top open to create a pocket. I also sewed some elastic band to the top to make things stay inside, if you know what I mean. Then, I eyeballed the depth of the other two pockets and cut my fabric. Repeated the same steps. I stitched the second pocket in the middle to create two pockets and the did the same for the top pocket to create three separate pockets. I attached elastic band to the bottom to go over and around the seat. This keeps the bottom of the organiser attached to the seat; therefore it is not hanging loose.
And this is how it looks after I stuffed the pockets:
Now it is your turn to share your projects:
1. Your project can be anything you start on that Monday as long as it makes you move and be active and creative: a new quilt, a knitting project, scrap booking, cross-stitching, baking-we don't mind yummy recipes!, a gardening project, painting your house!, tidying up the pantry!...This is your Monday and you are the maker of the day!2. Grab the button from the side bar- DONE!!- or put a link back to me in your Monday post.
3. Click on "add your link" and just fill in the required areas.
4. Please link to your specific post, not to your homepage: We would like to find your post easily.
5. Please take time to visit other links and leave a sweet comment: We love comments!
6. Share the photos of your finished Monday projects in your next link up- I am hoping you will come back again!: Who doesn't love a sweet, finished project or a "before-after" photo?