How was your week? Mine was pretty good! I made another baby size quilt top with the same pattern that I used to make the Sweet Darling quilt top. I won't be able to show you the quilt tops yet as these are for the introduction of a new pattern which will be released by the Fat Quarter Shop soon. The pattern is quite simple and fun to make. You can whip up a queen size quilt in a day!
I will buy some backing fabric tomorrow for both and will try to finish them as quickly as possible.
I used only solids for the second quilt.
From both projects, I was left with 67 pieces of colourful, 4.5 inch triangles.
I imagined a few lines like this floating on a solid base. There are many other designs you can make with triangles; I just don't know what to do. Would you mind sharing your suggestions with me? It doesn't have to be a quilt.
I also experimented cutting my son's hair yesterday. His hair was so long that I was able to make a decent length pony tail! So, after I gave him a bath, I sat him in front of me with his ipad, aka concomputer LOL, and got on with cutting. I normally trim my own hair so I didn't struggle with cutting his at all.
Because I loved his hair long, I didn't cut it super short. This was his first ever hair cut and I am happy that I did it. I also kept some of his (baby) hair as memory. I need suggestions as to how to keep it; maybe sew a little pouch and keep the hair inside?
Now to Monday Makers!
Share with me what you did last week and what new projects you are starting today.
1. Your project can be anything you start on that Monday as long as it makes you move and be active and creative: a new quilt, a knitting project, scrap booking, cross-stitching, baking-we don't mind yummy recipes!, a gardening project, painting your house!, tidying up the pantry!...This is your Monday and you are the maker of the day!
2. Grab the button from the side bar- DONE!!- or put a link back to me in your Monday post.3. Click on "add your link" and just fill in the required areas.
4. Please link to your specific post, not to your homepage: We would like to find your post easily.
5. Please take time to visit other links and leave a sweet comment: We love comments!
6. Share the photos of your finished Monday projects in your next link up- I am hoping you will come back again!: Who doesn't love a sweet, finished project or a "before-after" photo?